Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lost, Westminster, and Will

Been running around London for the past couple of days and have been able to do alot. I will share three stories with you.

Story One:
Went out for a long run, ran along the canals of East London, really cool, they have a bunch of locks, where boats can raise, or lower to the water level needed. Very interesting, alot of people use boats for transport. So the run continues, and I am now lost in East London/Downtown London. Next thing I know I see the tower bridge, which is not close to where I need to be. Long story short, I end up having to walk right through the Royal London Hospital to get back to the main road I need. That was an awkward moment for all involved, a sweaty 6'11" guy walking through the waiting room of the largest hospital in London. Oh well, I made it back that's all that matters.

Story #2:
I have had many different meals here over that last couple of days ranging from traditional English food to traditional Indian food. All of which has been very good. I suggest eating Indian food if you get the chance, I enjoyed it and will have it again at some point.

On to the real story. A couple of us went to Westminster Abbey for evening song, which is basically a church service, but only the singing part. The choir does the singing. It was beautiful. I don't throw that word around much but it certainly fits here. I am not sure I have ever heard anything that could compare to what I heard in the Abbey. Here is a video of one of the songs they sang. Please keep in mind, video doesn't do this justice. It was at least 10X better in person.



It was amazing.



Story #3:
We went to the British museum today and saw alot of things to many to really name, but it was interesting. The amount of artifacts in that place is staggering.
This is me and Hercules...see the resemblance?? Uncanny I know!

After the museum, the UK premier of Hancock was going on so we got to see WILL SMITH. That's right the Fresh Prince Himself. Also a guy from Arrested Development was there. So its fun...More to come...Stay tuned...







Oh ps class is ok as well.

4 comments:

pacing the cage said...

Do you have an accent yet?

Anonymous said...

It looks like the woman with Jason Bateman is looking right at you! Well, if you're the one that took the picture. Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself!

Jum said...

I don't think Hercules wears plaid shorts.

dvjs said...

indian food is wonderful. have spent many of nights at home where it is traditional.

big time traveler attending movie premieres....big time.